April 15, 2007

Let's start with the more recent papers



This is a birth announcement for Russel Miller McGown (Next to the envelope that it was being stored in). These are roughly their real-life size. The announcement was printed on some heavy-duty paper -- a bit thicker than card stock.
Russel was my Great-grandfather (my Grandmother Yoders Father.) He would go on to become a minister in the Congregational Church. He married Ruth Orodell Burdon as this wedding announcement shows.

Along with this announcement we also found the metal plate that was used in creating the announcement, so we could theoreticaly re-produce it. (it was one of a number of printing blocks that were kept by Russell McGown, there was also a printing block with both his, and Ruth's name, as well as picture of him)
Ruth Burdon McGown was "Nanna" to her grandchildren. My mom has a lot of fond memories of Nanna - and I'll get into some of those, as well as putting some more pictures in here later. But consider this a start.

You can click on the images to view larger (and easier to read) pictures of them.
I'll have to do what I can on here for recording this all, but I know that I have more documents than I think I have space for so... I'll do what I can :)

No comments: